Fog Light Switch Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Hoping to get some new LED flood/spot lights soon for my 98 since my halogens are pretty much destroyed (they were the cheap blazer brand lights @ oreilly). How would I wire the fog light switch to light up the lights with this wiring harness: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZ2BSNQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A15H3UKRB6RHF9&psc=1

The wiring harness only has three wires, but the fog lamp switch has 5. I am a complete noob when it comes to wiring. Though, I did some research on what the wires mean, but I have no idea which wire, goes to which wire (quote from @bluex):

A illumination 12v+ (from parking lights)
B switch contact A
C blank
D switch contact B
E indicator 12v+
F ground

Thanks!

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is how I did mine !!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have added cargo light switches for my electric fans ( as a back up) and for a set of aux back up lights. I will be adding LEDs in the bed soon, and run these off if the OE cargo light switch. You just need to figure out what wire on the OE switch gets hot when the switch is turned on, and tap into that wire and bring a wire from there to pin 86 on the relay. So when you turn on the fog light switch, is closes the relay, and turns on the lights. Go through a few of these videos. And pic here is a pic of my added switches. My added switches do turn on relays.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh and about the 5 wires. 1is for the power in, 1 for the power out Or maybe 2 for power out, IDK, 1 for dash lights to light up the switch, 1 for ground for dash lights. The only one you need to tap into, is the one that gets hot when the switch is turned on. A test light will be a big help finding that wire. It takes very little power to close a relay. That is what a relay is for.