fog and cargo light switch repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwhit

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size bulb or led is used inside these switches for illumination and the on indicator light? I have 2 or 3 of each and the lights do not work in any of them. I saw a resistor in the fog light switch but I'm not sure if it is for the light or not.

97Tahoe4wd

Reaction score
I ordered up some neo-3 from superbright LED's and had to disassemble both the part and the LED and make it work with some soldering. The switches come apart, just be careful not to break them (I practiced on some of my crappier spares first). You can take apart the LED's easy enough. I found the neo-3, neo-4, or neo-5 are your best bet as they have a small enough diode that the switches will go back together (they all have the same size LED, just different bases). I also left my dash kinda torn apart while i tried to make sure the correct ends of the LED's were on the correct terminals of the part (with the switches still disassembled). I'll see if i have any pictures from when i was doing this mod.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
3mm component LEDs are what I used. I used the kind with built in resistors