flush or pull?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfr1990

Reaction score
Ok...sad but true ...my freshly rebuilt transmission in my 94 z71 was just sodomized by the cooler in the radiator! My choices are to try and flush it and see how long it may last or pull it out and take it back to the shop for a refresh on all the soft parts and a new converter for a couple hundred. Laziness has me wanting to try the flush because all of this is done on my back and without a lift. But when I dropped the pan and pulled the filter.....guess what I found....a check ball in the pan! No idea how it ended up there and neither does the builder.
Anyone who has flooded their transmission and done a flush I need some insight on how your experience went and if you had to do it over would you just go in for a refresh.
thanks to everyone for any opinions

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the mystery check ball in the pan I would say do a thorough job flushing and you should be good. But there's something internally wrong if it just lost a check ball for no reason...

tfr1990

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the mystery check ball in the pan I would say do a thorough job flushing and you should be good. But there's something internally wrong if it just lost a check ball for no reason...

That is what my brain is telling me but my shoulders are trying to talk their way out of it. Just not sure what would have caused the check ball to end up in the pan....if I remember right they are all captured in the trasmission once it is put together. I drove the thing 15 miles the morning it happened and it shifted fine....I dicovered it when the truck started to run warm...seen chocolate pudding in the overflow so I pretty much knew what happened then.
looks like it's work at night and drop the pita Trans in the mornings.:fca5278d: