Fluid leak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Found that my truck was leaking trans fluid pretty bad last night. It's not pouring out but it's a steady drip and has all dripped out by the time I made it home. Trans shift no differently. A buddy said I can use his lift this weekend, what are some things I should check for? Tranny lines is my only guess so far. If my friend fails through I'll just have it taken to a shop and fixed.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best way is to pressure wash underneath then drive it and park on something clean. A big sheet of cardboard works great because you can slide around under it. Even if you have to take it to a shop you at least know where its leaking from. That way they wont BS you into thinking it was something it wasnt.

Might even get lucky and just have a loose cooling line or something easy.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the shifter mechanism seal. Simple o ring that could have failed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Best way is to pressure wash underneath then drive it and park on something clean. A big sheet of cardboard works great because you can slide around under it. Even if you have to take it to a shop you at least know where its leaking from. That way they wont BS you into thinking it was something it wasnt.

Might even get lucky and just have a loose cooling line or something easy.

:hmm::hmm: Looks like he has experience with fooling with things of the sort. :headbang::headbang:

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I'd check the hoses first. Check the cooler as well to make sure nothing hit it.

Reaction score
Found and fixed my problem. Both trans line were pretty hacked up from previous owner doing half ass work. Ordered new lines and we are back in business!