flip kit + 2" hanger + 1" lift shackle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I get away with the combo mentioned in the title and still be able to get a good pinon angle? Can't seem to locate any stock hangers that don't cost an arm and leg!

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think I answered my own question. appears the kit allows a good amount of pinon adjustment

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's a 7" drop. Why not go with the flip, & a 1" drop on the shackle. That'll give you the same drop.
It'll still probably need a shim to bring the pinion up. But not as large as the one that you'd need with the way you posted
From my exp. those hangers, along with being a PITA to install, IMO are also the cause of the need for shims when doing a 4" drop. They're the wrench in the works.

Most drop shackles that I've seen have 2 holes for a choice of a 1" or 2" drop.
The flip kit does have a certain amount of adjustment, but the extra 1" may just be pushing that limit.
Still get the angle checked after it's all back together.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck came with a 2/4 so the hangers are already on and its troublesome trying to find stockers in my little town.
I'm still looking around for some stock hangers, but its not looking good