Fishys daily driver/ toy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishy

Reaction score
I have been a way from the gmt400s for a little while with my 2000 chev 4x4 but due to it being stolen I'm back to the 400s. Luckily the cops found my truck but it has a lot of damage and I only had plpd so the repairs fall on me. The day before my 2000 was found a 1998 rclb work truck with composite headlights was traded in at work so $1000 later it's mine. It only has 15300kms. My build will prob be slow as its going to be driven every day and ill be fixing the 2000 aswell.

Some specs

-4.3L vortec (for now)
-manual 4x4
-4L60E
-some minor body work is needed

Ill post some pics tonight when I get home

fishy

Reaction score
I have been kinda slack with pictures so here is the before pics
You must be registered for see images attach

fishy

Reaction score
I thought I could clean up the rear bumper and rock guard it but what looked solid wasn't when the grinder got at it. Not a big deal I have 2 and a half parts trucks one that has a good painted bumper so it will get the rock guard treatment.

My plans

Rear bumper (replaced and rock guard)
Add missing interior panals of work truck package/redo interior black
Swap to 1990 grill (prob the only person swapping from newer grill to older but I like the older one better and I have all new gm lights and reflectors for it)
Go from smoothie front bumper to moulding s and rubber bumper pads
Swap in 305 vortec out of parts truck
4 hi mod hopefully hids shortly after
2 inch blocks in the rear and crank keys in the front
3 inch body lift
Alloy rims of my 2000 with 33 inch Dayton timberline mts for now hope to get 35 wild countrys when the body lift is done
LEDs interior clear needles( hopefully lit up red)
Start swapping out exterior lights to LEDs

Last edited:

fishy

Reaction score
Some updates on the build. I got the vinayl headliner paint black instead of white as well as the dome light bezal. Looks much better only I have to do the visors now as the red on black looks funny. I have also go the 4 hi mod done which is a big improvement now I just need some hids. I got the smoothie bumper swapped out for the one with mouldings and rubber bumpers aswell as the older style grill painted and installed with the new head lights and markers. I am waiting for the paint to dry on the park light retaining rings to put those in. I have painted the bowtie black as well but one of the studs that hold it to the grill is stripped so I'm thinking some 3M tape will fix that. Plans for the weekend is to get the rest of the pieces of interior paint and put in that we're missing because of the w/t package and get my 305 vortec pulled out of the parts truck. Ill have some new pics in the morning once the park lights are in.

fishy

Reaction score
I got my front end all done this morning minus the lower valance because I need some new cage nuts and bolts. I also got the chrome mirrors put one. I got the replacement rear bumper cleaned up and rock guarded hoping to get it put on in the morning. I have also started getting some more of the interior done like the panal under the rear window and the one above the window but I ran out of paint so ill have to do the b piller covers later. Now on the the updated front end pics

I went from this

To this

fishy

Reaction score
Not much of an update but a slow day at work meant I had some time to make a wiring harness for the e fans. Ill be getting the temp probe and controller kit tomorrow after work. Depending on the weather this week end it might be in soon.

fishy

Reaction score
I got a flex-a-lite temp probe and controller kit but my fans are to big for my rad. As luck would have it I was working on a 2007 Chevy G van and the rad it it would work perfect. They are wide enough to fit my fans in and they still have a rad cap unlike the nbs and nnbs trucks so I can use my stock hoses and over flow bottle. Any body wanting to do e fans should look into a G van rad as one in the local junk yard was only $50 for a 3/4 ton heavy duty rad.