First Timer Bearing Grease Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but are bearings in hubs pre greased? I have them, I'm honestly not sure they seem sealed. If not, is there a preferred method to packing them?

You must be registered for see images attach

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Probably not pre-greased because of the need to have them fully grease packed on the front hubs of C1500. put a little bit of grease on the bearing seats too. Since your bearings are new, just pack them with your fingers or ram with your palm until grease starts coming out through the other side of the rollers.

On an old bearing, your packing them to force out the old grease and in with the new.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but are bearings in hubs pre greased? I have them, I'm honestly not sure they seem sealed. If not, is there a preferred method to packing them?

You must be registered for see images attach
The hub that you have pictured is a sealed hub, they come filled with grease from the factory

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I added a little bit of grease to a 100,000 mile hub, through the hole for the ABS sensor, but that would probably do more harm than good on a new hub... too much grease would make it run hot.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Probably not pre-greased because of the need to have them fully grease packed on the front hubs of C1500. put a little bit of grease on the bearing seats too. Since your bearings are new, just pack them with your fingers or ram with your palm until grease starts coming out through the other side of the rollers.

On an old bearing, your packing them to force out the old grease and in with the new.

That is a 4WD hub in the pic

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Got it. I don't see a pic just the words grease.jpg not sure why i can't see the pic