first post: 94 suburban no power to fuel pump fuse and relay not clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bldgengineer

Reaction score
Hey guys new here and i got some crappy wiring diagrams that don't show me where the fuse is in relation to the relay. Can anyone tell me if the fuse is before or after the relay? I got this thing on the cheap (damn near stole it) because it wasn't starting. I dumped fuel down it and she started right up. I thinking its the relay but when I disconnect it all I can get from the connector is the constant 12v from the red wire with the ignition key on or off

any other suggestions or am I right?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
The fuse is right next to the fuel pump relay. It's located on the firewall next to the terminal block that's next to the A/C reciever (it's behind a plastic cover)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bldgengineer

Reaction score
yeah I know where the actual location is. I was talking about wiring wise. I can trace down where the issue may be if I know where in the wiring everything is.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
yeah I know where the actual location is. I was talking about wiring wise. I can trace down where the issue may be if I know where in the wiring everything is.

Ahh, well your original post was kind of confusing. I think you need a fuel pump.

Also, if your oil pressure switch is bad, or you have no oil pressure, the fuel pump will not kick on.

bldgengineer

Reaction score
nope! bad ground on the fuel pump/sending unit connector. scraped off the frame to shiny metal again and the pump started priming....now my issue is nothing coming out of the injectors :(

bldgengineer

Reaction score
ok no fuel pressure on either side of the fuel filter so I can hear the pump priming but no pressure???

bldgengineer

Reaction score
just went out and primed it 3 times without starting and on the 4th time she cranked over and ran for about 3-5 secs before shutting down. tried it a second time and it did the same thing. I made she the gas cap was tight and it was. I guess tomorrow, I'm gonna be looking for a gas cap and fuel filter...

bldgengineer

Reaction score
I've quit for the night but isn't there a shrader valve or something supposed to be at the tbi to check fuel pressure? I would suspect that 10-15 psi comin out of that would be more than a squirt...

bldgengineer

Reaction score
another update....its amazing how the ideas start flowing once the budweiser starts flowing too ;)...anyway I decided to take the gas cap off my 85 chevy and try that one on the suburban. I primed it 3 or 4 times and she cranked right over, ran for about 10 secs at a super low rpm like 300-400rpm and shutdown. the good thing is everytime I started it after that it didn't need to be primed several times. hoping the fuel filter will take care of this...