firing isues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncdmax03

Reaction score
Ive got a 95 Tahoe tbi an it was running fine then all of sudden just shut off. its getting fuel but no fire. I put new coil, cap, rotor button, and module in the distributor. I got power coming out of coil and power going into the distributor but nothing out of it what else would it be

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so your primary and secondary voltafe is within spec on the coil?

otherwise if the coils is working and you have power into the dizzy and not going out it should be ICM, but you stated you replaced that?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
youve verified fuel? what sprya pattern when cranking? it should be a nice even umbrella shape no dripping.

what were you doing when it shut off? does the rotor spin when you start the engine? connector from coil to dizzy get unplugged or burnt? chain skipped or snapped?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the magnetic pickup on these distributors is prone to failure. Specifically, the magnet cracks and can cause anything from random missing to outright ignition failure. Short of an ECM issue or wiring between the ignition system and ECM, that's about all that's left in the ignition system.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk