Finished drop, finally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
Yes worth the money. Believe it or not mine were original shocks and were completely shot as you can imagine. They seemed a little stiff at first but compared to no shock at all that was expected. Ive put about 200 miles on the setup in the last day and a half and am very pleased with them. In corners they are great as to not let the truck dip but hitting a bump in the curve they feel just right on the bumps, a little of both worlds, comfort and support. The rears seem a little firmer because of the angle i suppose. I have lower extensions but couldn't find the upper Relocation kit anywhere. Im sure that will be helpful when I can get them. I believe sew-low? Suggested them to me and for the slight difference in cost from the nitro it was a good call. Super sharp truck by the way. I am going to post on suggestions on trimming fender lips next. 8 inch rallys on the front isn't bad at all but it needs a little massaging on the lit for extra room.

Sorry for the loss of your mom
Thanks for the info. Got the street performers on the way and also the top shock locator. Trimmed my rear fenders with body saw, rolled the front inner lips with fender roller
Thanks for the compliment this is my first attempt at a custom truck. Been doing everything myself with the guidance of a good friend who is a body and paint wizard. He let me do everything myself and kept me going in the right direction

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your mom
Thanks for the info. Got the street performers on the way and also the top shock locator. Trimmed my rear fenders with body saw, rolled the front inner lips with fender roller
Thanks for the compliment this is my first attempt at a custom truck. Been doing everything myself with the guidance of a good friend who is a body and paint wizard. He let me do everything myself and kept me going in the right direction
Where did you find the top shock relocator? I couldn't find it anywhere. Ill be updating with progress on mine soon.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Prior to the drop i had installed lowering shackles. After the flip was installed I raised the position from 2 inches to 1 inch for tire clearance. That is doing ok but I think I need to raise it back to stock shackle height. But I no longer have the factory shackle. I found these but will they give that extra inch back? Or do I possibly need a raised shackle? Thanks yall
You must be registered for see images attach

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
Where did you find the top shock relocator? I couldn't find it anywhere. Ill be updating with progress on mine soon.

thesuspensionsource2010. I haven’t got it yet but, it is supposed to be on the way o b w do u no if the bed has to come off to install the top shock mounts I guess I am the only person in my area doing this kind of stuff and it’s great having you guys to talk to. Keep up the good work

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
overlook the dirt and grease and fingerprints. The drop is finally done. What a beast of a job especially working on gravel. Still have work to finish but the hard part is done.

I love the 1 piece back window. I am going to put one in mine. I hope I don’t have any paint issues around the edges

Casey Price

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prior to the drop i had installed lowering shackles. After the flip was installed I raised the position from 2 inches to 1 inch for tire clearance. That is doing ok but I think I need to raise it back to stock shackle height. But I no longer have the factory shackle. I found these but will they give that extra inch back? Or do I possibly need a raised shackle? Thanks yall

I found someone with stock shackles and just did a even trade. He got to lower his truck 2 inches and i got mine back to stock so i could do the axle flip. He paid his shipping and i paid mine.

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
Ok hee
Where did you find the top shock relocator? I couldn't find it anywhere. Ill be updating with f on mine soon.[/QU

On the shackles. Here is what I had
When I got the truck it had 2” drop in back. I did 4/6 drop which was = to8” drop then went to stock shackles back to 4/6 and finally settled on 2” raised which gives stock rake with lowered stance. Whew!! I think I am gonna stay here. Have you figured out how to carry a spare tire in stock lociation
I would like some help in this area if anyone knows the answer. Thanks

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't know whether or where to start a new post so I will try here. Im thinking of taking off the factory bumpers, which a friend wants, and doing a body color front W/T bumper and a roo pan for the rear. Any input on this? Pros and Cons? Good company someone has purchased from? Thanks yall