Finding the right wheels and tires for my 98 chevy k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casillas34

Reaction score
If you have a desired wheel size and offset I would check out summit Racing you can filter by size, offset, material, finish, backspacing and a whole bunch of other criteria. I went with 17 wheel with 12mm offset i like the way it looks. Hope this helps.

-Rick

Last edited:

Doc Chevy 34

Reaction score
Procomp has some nice cheap chrome rims. Or look at the Mickey Thompson classic 2s. Everyone has or wants rockstars. They are really cliche. IMO the xd monsters look way better than the rockstars

Yeah I love the procomp steel wheels and the classic 2's... that's really the look i'm trying to achieve. relatively cheap also.
Maybe i'll get some 15X10's or somethin so they pop out a bit

Doc Chevy 34

Reaction score
If you have a desired wheel size and offset I would check out summit Racing you can filter by size, offset, material, finish, backspacing and a whole bunch of other criteria. I went with 17 wheel with 12mm offset i like the way it looks. Hope this helps.

-Rick

Thanks dude. Yeah I love how clean and crisp your truck looks now that its debadged/detrimmed. I actually like the black rims which I usually haven't been a fan of... and the white mirrors makes em kinda disappear. What size tires are those? you got some lift under there?

Casillas34

Reaction score
Thanx man. Yea i was never a fan of the black wheels i used to have chrome. But the black looks good with the black handle and tinted windows. plus no washing or scrubbing brack dust; brake dust just blends in with the black =). The tires are 315/70r17 BfGoodrich ATs. My truck is a c1500 with 4" fabtech spindle lift and a 3" body lift. Minor trimming was necessary at the front bumper and back of front fender but its not noticeable.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck you like is my buddy Bryans his username is DirtyBlackHoe...Honestly not sure if he's on here or not since he changes vehicles like I change underwear :D but I know he's over on GMfullsize but that setup he ran is pretty common.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Casillias34 you have a really good looking truck. One of my favorite color schemes next to all black. I'd black out your bowtie