Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
There is no GM Part number as they are not a GM product. You can only get these from the seller on eBay as they are custom made for the base to fit our trucks, the seller is optionracing.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got me a set of the gmt800 mirrors... Got the heated power ones. What do you guys think if I run the heated feature inside of the dash connected to the heater control. You know that one little button that is next to the ac feature? So that I can put it on when i want it or not, due to the fact that I have autostart on my truck? Opinions please.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sure use a relay though. use the heater control as the signal and wire the rest as a normal relay like youd do it for say off road lights.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did do the 4 hi mod but not exactly how to wire up the relay because i dont exactly know how they work .. Lol

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well my lights quit working altogether...they were fine, then they quit. Checked all the wires and redid the grounds...nothing.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
95+ trucks are pre wired for rear defrost, you just need the hvac control with the button. It's self timed internally. You just hook out up under the dash at the convenience center. I did that on my 99 while I had the mirrors on it. Stock heated mirrors run off thar switch/circuit.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wish my rear defrost worked :/ but any ideas where i culd get the chip type 470ohm resistors to replae the ones in my signal? was going to make some new ones but i may just solder some new resistors in and call it good. doing a split one like the fords seems like more work and i like the way it looks all lit up