Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Both sides at the same time. The power for them is one and the same for my cab lights, and they work perfectly. Idk what the hell is going on.

Thats even stranger. The only thing that would explain blowing both sides at the same time is if somehow you had a power spike or something that the LEDs couldn't handle, unless you just have a wiring break somewhere between where the cab lights split off and mirrors.

So I'm putting mine in this weekend, where did everyone run their power and grounds to?

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
grounds to the bolts under the dash 15mm ones you unscrew and did mine there. i did power from the corner light bulb could never find the wires under dash

you could have friend the resistors somehow? i did one one of mine ithey got wet and shorted out.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can any one tell me what wires to connect where so that i can use one of the heater control functions for my heated mirrors with a relay? I really dont know much about them .. For example if i used a off road one which wire do i connect to which number

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Installed my mirrors today, Still need to hook up the wires, but all in all it went quite smoothly. I LOVE having the blind spot mirror built in.

So what should I look into to try to fix the lights on my mirrors?

Try applying power and ground directly to the pins coming off the harness on the mirror to rule out your wiring, bad switch, blown fuse etc first.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ugh I don't want to pull my door panels and break my all new clips. Poop. May be a while before I get around to this.

As for my wiring though, the mirrors have their own ground wire that both are tied into, and I re-did it to make sure that wasn't it. Each of their power wires are tapped into a wire that goes to a fuse then the battery. My cab lights and radio are also tapped into that wire (on switches, the cab lights and mirrors share a switch) and the radio and cab lights work fine.