Finally did the NBS MC swap and rear disc converion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BRAKES STILL SUCK! They are better but still not what I'm looking for. Lmao going to knock out the front brakes and rotors with upgraded calipers and see if it will fix the problem.
Anyone know or had experience with this if doing the ABS delete may help?
Thanks in advance!

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you inspect all your brake lines? Is your booster up for the task of four discs? I think the abs system in these trucks sucks, I would delete if if I did any major brake upgrades.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything has been checked and up to par. After I redo the front brakes if I still dont like the way it stops I'll do the ABS delete

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did this also but used a baer front disc brake set up (the GT plus only 2 piston made a huge difference
Did you use the 2000 plus master and booster? Because if not you still have a proportion valve that will starve rear discs

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Can the spring or seal be taken out of that part of the combo valve to keep the rear pressure up for disks? Or just bypass.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hydroboost is the only answer. Your brakes should at least suck a little less now though, right?

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brakes do suck a little less but they still suck lol. I did do the 2000+ mc

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did this also but used a baer front disc brake set up (the GT plus only 2 piston made a huge difference
Did you use the 2000 plus master and booster? Because if not you still have a proportion valve that will starve rear discs
I'm going with a LS mfg front brake kit came in nice and neat

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I swapped to 2002 MBS MC a few years ago. My brakes were better, but still felt like the truck didnt want to stop. So Monday, was time to replace front pads. Well I pulled the rotors too, and they were shot. Full of heat stress cracks, and glazed over. After going to Orillys, and Adavanced, I ended up at AutoZone. I ended up with Duralast gold ceramic pads and Duralast gold rotors, after the manager who had a 98 Silverado and I have know for years, said that the gold os what he has on his truck. Now my truck stops like it should. The Duralast gold rotors have a 3 year warranty where the regular Duralast and both Orillys and Advanced both have a 2 year warranty. I not a fan of AutoZone by no means, but you get what you pay for. It pays to but the quility parts,VS the cheap stuff. I was thinking about doing the 1 ton front caliber swap. I even had them pull one, and the bolt holes line up. I can tell it will fit, but I was already at $275, and that was over my budget. My rotors are good, and brakes are good now, so maybe next time I will do the swap.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I have the 1 ton calipers, drilled and slotted rotors and some pads I'm gonna be putting on when I get a chance.