finally bought a new head unit but im lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
In short, setting your hpf cutoff lower allows lower frequencies to be sent to your speakers.......setting your lpf cutoff higher allows higher frequencies to be sent to your subs. For normal listening, I'd start with lpf on subs no higher than 50-60hz, and hpf on speakers no lower than 80-90hz.....it will still bleed lower hz thru on the hpf and vice versa for lpf, but the farther the hz is from the cutoff, the less amplification the hz receives. It's not just a hard cutoff, I guess you could call it a fading cutoff.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on the kenwood systems there is a setting high pass front ,high pass rear and subwoofer low pass sub settings are by themselves and the others i posted work your front and rear speakers then you can fine tune with the eq settings

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I was speaking in general, I'm not the best at explaining what certain terms mean and so forth........atleast not in chat. My brain usually runs faster than my fingers and I lose my train of thought :p

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. Got it all setup and its sounding nice!

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im really surprised at how much sound those two subs put out with such little space

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it is amazing the sound they put out,the set i did in my girlfriends silverado shocked me when i set them up