Fan blower never turns off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
so just to clarify I would want to put that on the hose going from the block to the heater core

this one
You must be registered for see images attach

not the one going from the heater core to the radiator

this one

You must be registered for see images attach

do you think it would cause any negative effects on the cooling capacity of the engine or essentially make it better by taking out that extra equipment

sent from the eskanalierra lol

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I would think either would work. The idea is to stop the flow of coolant.

There could be a few gotchas there though.

One in the feed line may allow the heater core to end up with air in it. This would give you the "gurgles" or it may allow the heater core to corrode.

One in the return line may allow heat to radiate through the coolant and in to the heater core anyways.

I'm not sure which would happen, or if either would even matter.

You'll have to probably do some trial and error experimenting. in the feed line should work just fine, I do believe lots of oem systems work this way.

I'm personally looking at a bypass that returns the feed line to the return line. This would also lock the coolant in the heater core that's already in there. A bypass vice shutoff just seems to make more sense to me...

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I'm not sure a valve will cure the problem completely. It will help but the pass thru ventilation will still flow ambient air thru the cabin.
Again, heat from the outside metal surfaces and engine heat from a cowl hood (if the OP has one) will flow into the ventilation system.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'm not sure a valve will cure the problem completely. It will help but the pass thru ventilation will still flow ambient air thru the cabin.
Again, heat from the outside metal surfaces and engine heat from a cowl hood (if the OP has one) will flow into the ventilation system.

Will work fine if the plenum is suffeciently sealed from the engine bay.

All it takes is the proper rear hood seal and the two side foam pieces.

Cowl hood is a different kettle of fish. At speed the high pressure area at the base of the windshield should "blow" in to the plenum and in to the engine bay. Anything below about 20 mph and you can end up with engine heat finding it's way into the fresh air plenum if the cowl hood is open at the back...