Factory keyless? Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twodrhoe

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Tahoe it has power windows, power locks its a "LT" but it didn't come with factory keyless remotes? I had the local Chevy dealer check my vin and they said it wasent equipt with it? Can it be added? Just asking.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I know you can get aftermarket keyless remotes, which would probably be the easiest thing to do.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I installed a keyless entry in mine, along with a remote start, alarm, and auxiliary triggers, all from my key fob.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
If you decide to do it, shoot me a PM, we can exchange phone numbers or something and I can walk you through the wiring.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
But adding an aftermarket one will add way more functions, way cooler remotes, better range, and an adjustable shock sensor, if you go that route.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try jumping the 4 and 8 pins on your obd2 plug and if the locks cycle you have keyless entry. Just order a remote from keylessride.com and program it.