Fabric Dye??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clutch

Reaction score
Whats the best fabric dye to use to do seats with I've got a set of buckets out of a nbs that i'm going to swap into the 97 but the only thing is there brown and my interior color is gray so i'm wanting to try to dye them to grey or black i tried some of the powder stuff from hobby lobby with no luck (the sh*t didnt cover and turned blue)

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sem or duiplicolor. I did some grey monte carlo seats dyed em black, there were fabric but it rubs off over time, not so much as on your clothes and you see it, just wears down to grey on the seat edge, just have to touch them up once in awhile, that's with duplicolor, sem is more expensive.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not a problem. The dye I used was duplicolor. it came off on the fabric after time, as I mentioned, but the vinyl it's still great on, unless you scratch it with like keys or fingernails, pet claws, etc. I haven't had good luck with it on hard plastic, sem or diplicolor but krylon fusion works great. However I did a plastic dash cover in dad's 84 and it held up great it's thin flexible plastic, and was sem paint. the others I had NO LUCK with were seat belt buckles, the plastic on them, that flaked off on me.