Extensive Tune Up Misfires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are some very sharp poeple here, whom will give you their time and experience freely shared. Typographical error of one. Singular not plural. Discouraged? Welcome to the world of nobody has all the right answers. I gave you what you needed to know. Run wiith it. Good luck.

jamesdking

Reaction score

jamesdking

Reaction score
Update:
Cleaned MAF
Changed out offending #5 plug
Checked Vacuum 17-18 hg
Cleaned up the easy to reach grounds I could find.
Used a can of starter fluid to check for vac leaks and found nothing.

Well I just took it 30 miles on the highway and on various driving and hills I have no misses or real note. There was a burst of them when I first got on the highway on #5 only (34 misses) and then not a single one since.

I’ll update the post if anything more develops. Thanks to everyone who helped and listened. This is a case of throwing parts at the problem and using the wallet wrench. I truly believed every step of the way I had it licked. ‍

Last edited:

Barrett266

Reaction score
Update:
Cleaned MAF
Changed out offending #5 plug
Checked Vacuum 17-18 hg
Cleaned up the easy to reach grounds I could find.
Used a can of starter fluid to check for vac leaks and found nothing.

Well I just took it 30 miles on the highway and on various driving and hills I have no misses or real note. There was a burst of them when I first got on the highway on #5 only (34 misses) and then not a single one since.

I’ll update the post if anything more develops. Thanks to everyone who helped and listened. This is a case of throwing parts at the problem and using the wallet wrench. I truly believed every step of the way I had it licked. ‍
Still running good? I have something similar going on with #6 on my 96 k1500