Extended Cab Subwoofer Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 12" sub in a great big ported box sitting on my backseat. I'm tired of it being in the way all the time, so I want to grab an under-the-seat box to put the sub in. After searching around for a while I came up with these three options:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2395094/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Subwoofer_enclosures/AudioEnhancers/SGMX70.htm

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-S...xtended-Cab-Dual-1012-Downfire-Box-clone.html

So my question is: Which looks best? Anyone ever tired any of these? Would it be worth it to get a dual sub box and move the jack? Where should I put the jack if I move it?

I think i would rather stick with the single sub. These boxes seem simple enough, anyone have plans for building one?

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you plan on using the sub you have? What is the mounting depth. This could easily narrow down your selection of boxes.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the first one. I have mine sitting on my seat it's fine there nobody sits back there but the one your going to get looks super.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered the box from hifisoundconnection. Will take pics of install.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ Nice! I'm eager to see how that fits/performs.

TxUSMC

Reaction score
Thanks for your post. I just ordered the one from hifisoundconnection. I haven't seen one that fit that well under the back seat.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for your post. I just ordered the one from hifisoundconnection. I haven't seen one that fit that well under the back seat.

I have heard that the leading edge of this one sticks out slightly beyond the front of the seat, just to give the sub more cubic feet to work with, which is understandable. As far as I'm concerned thats a small price to pay for having a downfiring subwoofer. Forward firing subs are just too prone to damage from cargo and passengers.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely post some pics and let us know how it sounds. I've got an MTX proform 10 box that I've had for many years. I wore 1 sub out in it so I tried to find as close of a replacement as I could. Never has sounded the same. I'd like to find something that can handle a little more and has less distortion.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres two pictures I snapped real quick. Doesnt stick out at all, the fit is really clean and nice. I like it.

Will give a sound report after I hook it all up tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like it fits really good. I may have to go this route. You can get one of these loaded with a Kicker sub for about $120 shipped.