Ext cab sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've searched the internet and the forum. so i'm sorry if this has been answered a bunch.

But is the single sub prefab boxes fit under the seat without removing the jack storage

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it'll fit without moving the jack storage box. The only thing is, you won't have much air volume behind your sub because the box is so small.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my opinion ...
Ditch the jack storage compartment and custom build you a sealed dual 10" enclosure ... You have to have 4 8s to sound as good as 2 10s when built properly ...
1 12 never has sounded good under the rear seat in my opinion (not enough tuning capabilities) ... not enough air space for 2 12s ...
a pair of 10s in a correct built enclosure will suprise you ...

I'm in Sound Quality ... I'm not a Basshead ... Well, atleast not in the truck I have now ... My 91 Chevy had the wall cut with 4 15s in the bed at one time ...

Don't go cheap on the amp / battery power / cabling either ...
Remember ... subwoofer setups are ONLY as good as the battery power / amplifier power can deliver ...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bazooka powered 8" tube under the dr side on mine. Works great to add a little oomph to the system without taking up the entire space up under the seat.