Exhaust Setup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Osiris94ej

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
98 5.7 no kitty's, Flowmaster 50 suv muffler (di/so), 3" imco prebent universal tailpipe 45* exit, 04 Escalade/Denali exhaust tip with the center pipe inside the tip removed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Truck is dirty now, I just moved the muffler back about a foot last night reduced drone inside, still has some 45-55mph but 60+ and cruise set my tires are louder. I still need to get a clip but I'm not satisfied. Thinking a 27" Magnaflow XL is in the future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3" down pipe to 4", straight through ****, stock side exit.

Lots o' whistle....:rofl:

Turbo diesel.

Turbo is the best muffler you're ever gonna find.

:)

:handshake:

only have a vid of the 96 but it's crappy and i'll have to get a better one,

setups:
96 - 350(currently) shorty headers, cats, 2 Borla Turbo Mufflers turned down pre-axle

98 - 350, factory manifolds, cats, DI/SO Flowmaster(looking into options as i think it is rusted out)

00 - 6.5 TD, factory piping, factory turbo or replacement, no idea beyond that, but sounds good at idle and driving

Osiris94ej

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you do get the Magnaflow I would like to hear it........

It will get done but with some changes. Just that money thing gets in my way. Anyway I'm probably going to y-pipe to single 3" to dual exit with 2 1/4" from the manifolds to the y-pipe as a 5.3 swap is in the future (have an engine just need the rest). But muffler will be swapped in before engine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got my aftermarket exhaust installed. True duals from the manifolds back, 2 high-flow cats and 2 Flowmaster 40s.

I'll post up actual pictures of the way its installed and stuff tomorrow or something. Maybe Sunday. But for now, here's a video:

http://youtu.be/kB30h4X-iCA
How loud would you consider that? I know a guy whos got an 09 gmc 5.3 headers, with cats and flowmaster 40's and the thing screams! people think its stright piped hahaha

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How loud would you consider that? I know a guy whos got an 09 gmc 5.3 headers, with cats and flowmaster 40's and the thing screams! people think its stright piped hahaha

At wide open you can hear it for a good 4 or 5 blocks. But at idle and just cruising around its pretty quiet. No cab drone whatsoever.

Last edited:

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At wide open you can hear it for a good 4 or 5 blocks. But at idle and just cruising around its pretty quiet. No cab drone whatsoever.

Hmm Im lookin for something loud at cruising speed haha I want a rumble when i drive by