Esky Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so just to confirm (I have a 95 tbi 350) and possibly want an escalade cluster and it WILL work correctly in my 95 but it has to be a 99-02 escalade cluster? Is there anything else special I would have to do?

One other question is what are the main differences in the esky and mine? 120 mph and white needles..What else? Is it me or do the numbers in the esky look alot whiter than regular clusters? I've just put LEDs in mine and love it but I want to paint my needles white which should look good and I could care less about 120 mph so if those are the only differences than I'll just paint my needles and keep mine...I'm also aware the esky has the 6k rpm with no redline which is cool but not enough to spend $120 on a esky cluster when I could get mine damn close...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nvm after looking the tach does have a orange redline @ 5-6000 rpms but I'm looking at one on ebay for $125 + free shipping :drool: So tempting but then again painting my own needles white would look just as good and cost virtually nothing no obvious differences other than the 120speedo but the numbers and all do look whiter than a stock cluster but I dunno if it's just the white needles giving them that appearance or what.

Also when I paint my needles I only do the backside correct? Is just painting sufficient or should I sand/buff at all? I tried searching couldn't find much info.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I recall, V6 clusters can be made to work with the V8 and Vicey Versey. If Im not smoking something I believe theres a resister in the cluster that needs to be changed so that it will read correctly. I remember thinking at the time that putting a reostat on it would allow you to fine tune your tach so that it would read absolutely dead on. And on that same note, I dont believe it has anything to do with the three lobe or 4 lobe crank trigger. The tach signal normally is taken off of the coil. Newer vehicles have a wire of the ECM that give a tach signal, but, if I recall that comes from the cam sensor from the distributor.