Engine Running a Bit Rough After New Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't mentioned this before, because I was hoping it would go away. It got a bit less pronounced, but it didn't go away completely.

So, since the engine (454) ran smoothly before, could it be an off balance torque converter? Or is it simply in need of a tuneup, because the new transmission caused the ECU to get confused?

It drives just fine otherwise, although the engine does tend to hesitate and stall when cold (something it hadn't done before the transmission swap).

c

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know. I didn't do the work; a shop did.

A majorly overcharging one, I might add.

It was replaced early last summer when the (presumably original) 4L80e blew up after driving hard on a hot day. I posted all about it here.

Just read the last few posts over there, and I had forgotten that I actually did mention this at the time, so to that end, let's consider this thread a continuation of that discussion. Perhaps a mod or admin can merge them together, for clarity?

c