Emergency Brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it doesnt hold my tahoe on an incline does that mean my rear drums are shot?
Ive noticed more collection of dust on my front rims/ tires so i figure they're doing more work ie no back brakes.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be something as simple as rear brakes out of adjustment or too much slack in the cable.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my issue is that it seems my fronts are doing much more work than when i bought it. So thats all.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take your drums off and adjust your rear brakes up to where there is just barely a drag on it. If your pads are worn out replace the pads and get a spring kit too.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your front brakes are supposed to do about 70% of the braking by design. try to adjust the rear drums to have a slight drag between the drum and shoes. this is done by adjusting out the shoes via the star wheel on the bottom of the drum assembally. If anything looks worn, cheap enough to replace and start with good parts, shoes and a hardware kit can be more than $30 all together. (been a while since I bought them for this truck)