EGR Delete Before Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munly

Reaction score
hi all.
if i was to delete the egr, before i got a tune would i have any problems with performance or drivability. i know the check engine light would come on, but is that all that would happen. in the near future i'm replacing my intake gasket and wanted to remove the egr, but a tune is a couple months away. thanks in advance for any info.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Depends what year maybe, I just did intake manifold gaskets and found my egr way completely packed with carbon, the worst I have ever seen or heard of. I had to bust it out with a screwdriver from all the egr ports. So basically my egr was blocked off and had no check engine light, I also passed emissions like this FYI. Delete that stupid annoying egr it's a worthless pos that only causes problems. I'm getting a block off plate ASAP for mine, 94 tbi 5.7 btw.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Your gas mileage will tank without a tune. Made the mistake of deleting it before a tune on my Yukon. It ran fine but I got horrible mileage