ECM Fuse? OBD Scanner not connecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 92 Silverado has been throwing out check engine lights almost every time i drive it, but when i take it to get it scanned it wont connect. O'reilly told me to check my ECM Fuse. Is this my problem? How do i check it and/or replace it?

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it. Code 32. EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve error. My truck burns oil and smokes out of the exhaust quite a bit. Could this be the cause of the CEL?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I'll give it a big MAYBE. Probably not, but not totally impossible. The EGR test that the ECM runs depends on the O2 sensor readings; under certain conditions it will open the valve and compare O2 readings afterwards to see if it went lean. If the O2 is crudded up from lots of oil burning, it may not be able to successfully perform the EGR test.

I'd worry a lot less about that code 32, and tend to why it's smoking.

Richard

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the truck and when I was using it, I noticed the smoke. Probably rings or valve guides. I don't have the money for a rebuild or another engine which is why ive been driving it like that.