ECLB 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone else have a truck configured like this? If so did it also have a ridiculously twisty/bendy frame and no rear tire traction whatsoever? Just curious is all cuz I have never seen another extended cab long bed half ton before I bought this one.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to own one but I never took it off road really except driving out to the hay fields to get wagons. I had awsome rear wheel traction in it but it also had a G80

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Maybe mine was just screwed up. Never wheeled it, just regular field work. The frame would sag/arch hauling/towing and actually twisted and flexed enough to start stress cracking chassis mounts. Bought it for $500 with about 175K on it, drove it for a year and a half and put almost 25K on it while averaging 16 17 mpg so it was a good truck in that respect just never got why it was so bendy.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats ALOT of frame without very many crossmembers. You will have alot of flex.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Only reason I quit driving it was because second gear finally went south and when I hooked it up to the scanner it told me basically every major sensor was shot and the rear end howled loud enough that I had to keep the stereo at three quarter volume to block it out.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
On that note ever seen a differential get so bad the rear tires toe out? Had to have five other people look at it while parked in different places before I believed what I was seeing.