e brake light wont turn off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswan

Reaction score
hey yall.. after spinning out and stalling my truck the e brake light wont turn off... drls engage but the e brake light still stays on... this ever happen to anyone? any common solutions?

thanks in advance!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
try pushing it up a bit with your foot, while pulling the release, my dads old 1995 wouldn't get all the way up without being pushed up.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
If that trick^^^dont work, try adjusting them and then bleading the whole system. Had the same problem and it fixed it..took some time since I was alone but it worked out in the end. Good Luck!

jswan

Reaction score
see thats waht the funny thing is.... theres no problems with the brakes themselves... no rubbing, it disengages fine! just the dang light stays on! but ive noticed now, the light itself dims a tiny bit when the e brake is released, so im thinking its some kind of short in the circuit.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you dont know, that light is also a warning light for the low brake fluid not just the e-brake

check your fluid level in the master cylinder under the hood and see if it is low

jswan

Reaction score
well see its not just flashing, its on constantly, i want it to go away because my truck is for sale and its not really a good selling point.. and i checked my fluids and the level is fine still.. so im guessing a sensor is messed up somewhere..