Dyno Results - 355 - for my ole Stepside RC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The much awaited and anticipated dyno pull of the new heart for my truck happened today, we were very pleased at the results. She made 375 - 451 tq . Gobs of torque down low which is what I was seeking.

Now into the ole girl this week and the real seat of the pants dyno. These runs were on 105 race gas and 650 Holley. It will get a holley TBI once in truck and shortie headers as opposed to dyno longtubes, so the numbers are a bit high for all intent and purpose.

You must be registered for see images attach

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The much awaited and anticipated dyno pull of the new heart for my truck happened today, we were very pleased at the results. She made 375 - 451 tq . Gobs of torque down low which is what I was seeking.

Now into the ole girl this week and the real seat of the pants dyno. These runs were on 105 race gas and 650 Holley. It will get a holley TBI once in truck and shortie headers as opposed to dyno longtubes, so the numbers are a bit high for all intent and purpose.

You must be registered for see images attach
Not bad, what are the engine specs?

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basically stock - total rebuilt 350, .030 over , compcams 260HR , good quality valves& springs, top shelf valve job, decking, I machined everything, Vortec heads-(new), no porting or anything, Edelbrock performer 2116 Scorpion roller rockers, it was on race gas with a carb and long tubes, no accessories, electric water pump, so actual numbers will be less of course but it's fun to make numbers...

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You going to run one of the self contained Holley EFI units? Which one?

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
self contained? no this guy is a 502-6 , I got on a deal last year, New, but I hear horror stories about them.. so I will be quick to dump it for a gm TBI modified. they seem to do better ( by general consensus , from what I see)

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basically stock - total rebuilt 350, .030 over , compcams 260HR , good quality valves& springs, top shelf valve job, decking, I machined everything, Vortec heads-(new), no porting or anything, Edelbrock performer 2116 Scorpion roller rockers, it was on race gas with a carb and long tubes, no accessories, electric water pump, so actual numbers will be less of course but it's fun to make numbers...
1.5 ratio rockers? How’s it drive with the 260hr in traffic and city? I’m looking at the 258HR but wouldn’t mind going larger. Also I’m looking to get a Holley Sniper EFI. Do GMT400s from 98-99 use coil packs for ignition?

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1.5 ratio rockers? How’s it drive with the 260hr in traffic and city? I’m looking at the 258HR but wouldn’t mind going larger. Also I’m looking to get a Holley Sniper EFI. Do GMT400s from 98-99 use coil packs for ignition?
My 98 has a single coil pack. Not like newer engines that have one for every plug.