Dumbo mirrors keep moving!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my '94 I have the dumbo style mirrors (yeah, yeah, dont laugh, I like them!)

Anyhow, the plastic sleeve that goes around the end of the mounting arm on my driver's side mirror is missing, so no matter how hard I tighten the mirror down, it still folds back towards the door at highway speeds. Anybody found a way to fix this?

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK thank you, I cant believe I didnt think of that. I did duct tape, but to no avail. thanks man.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a metal clip inside that holds the spring down. When I bought my K2500 the LS mirror had black duct tape holding it in position. I thought the mirror housing was broken. So I found a Driver's side power replacement at a local yard (fortunately really cheap). When I pulled the broken mirror from my truck, I decided to take the duct tape off. and nothing was broken on it. I took it all apart and found the clip was released, which caused the mirror to come apart. I reattached it and all is good.

DUH - after I typed all of this, I realized you have the old style metal mirrors. I've always referred to the plastic mirrors as dumbo mirrors.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Find a replacement set? I might actually have a replacement set available for sale in the next month or two. Don't hold your breath though...