Dually wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff9922

Reaction score
So I am converting my single cab long bed to a dually , and I bought dodge steel wheels .Later found out that the center bore is 122mm and the chevy wheel center bore is 116mm and the wheels use a flat back lug nut .Is that going to be a issue ? With like vibration.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Very much an issue. Wheels are either hubcentric or lugcentric. Hubcentric must fit the hub snugly so the wheel is centered to the hub. Lugcentric uses conical seat lug nuts to center the wheel to the studs. GMT400 dually wheels are actually hubcentric, though the clamping rings added allow the use of the regular conical seat lugs.

Those Dodge wheels aren't gonna work for you; sorry.

Richard

jeff9922

Reaction score
Thats what i thought

Very much an issue. Wheels are either hubcentric or lugcentric. Hubcentric must fit the hub snugly so the wheel is centered to the hub. Lugcentric uses conical seat lug nuts to center the wheel to the studs. GMT400 dually wheels are actually hubcentric, though the clamping rings added allow the use of the regular conical seat lugs.

Those Dodge wheels aren't gonna work for you; sorry.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I mean, that's how it seems to me, anyway. Someone may have a solution. I don't know if I would trust hubcentric rings on heavy, large wheels like that, and I don't know if anybody makes them for that exact combination.

Richard

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I the older GM duallys used a ring, it's been a long time, but thought went on the outside of the wheel, and had the lugcentric holes. Hopefully someone other than knows when their talking bout will help lol

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I the older GM duallys used a ring, it's been a long time, but thought went on the outside of the wheel, and had the lugcentric holes. Hopefully someone other than knows when their talking bout will help lol
I remember those rings, but until now never thought about why they were used

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it were a SRW I wouldn't give it a second thought, but there's no way for that lugnut to engage the inner wheel to center it. Worst case I'd get 2 Chevy wheels for the inside. A spacer/ring is also a plenty viable option.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's the "clamp ring" I referred to. It's only function is to allow the use of the regular lug nuts on a hubcentric wheel; the GMT400 dually wheels are hubcentric so the lug holes are totally flat; there's no seat for a conical lug on them. So you stick the rings on top of the wheel and then throw the lugs on. The rings don't help center the wheel whatsoever - the wheels are centered by their snug fit to the flange on the hub.

Example pic are the steel OEM 19.5's from my 3500HD but the setup is the same. Hubcentric wheels w/flat mounting flange, and the rings for use with the conical seat lugs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo