dual exhuast and engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I GOT MY DUAL EXHAUST INSTALLED ON MY 98 K1500 Z71 IN EARLY MARCH AND I JUST GOT AROUND TO ASKING ON HERE. BUT IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN MAKE MY ENGINE LIGHT STAY OF BECUASE EVERY SINCE I GOT THE EXHAUST MY ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON SAYING THAT MY CATALYST IS INEFFICIENT. IS THERE SOME WAY TO FIX THAT.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
You either need to put your cats back on or get a o2 sensor emiter for your rear 02 sensors.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEA THERE STILL THERE BUT THE LIGHT TRIPPED RIGHT AFTER GETTING MY DUAL EXHAUST. NEW CATS OR SENSORS?

Bertiespeed

||*||CDNP 4 life
Reaction score
Just a silly thought did the sensors get pluged back in ? Ive had it happen to me before get work done somewhere and they forget to plug somthing back in.

PS .. cap locks in on :)

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEAH THERE PLUGGED IN IVE BEEN TOLD BY A FEW PEOPLE THAT TRUE DUALS CAN TRIP A LIGHT THOUGH BUT IM SURE THERE IS A WAY TO FIX IT.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YEAH THERE PLUGGED IN IVE BEEN TOLD BY A FEW PEOPLE THAT TRUE DUALS CAN TRIP A LIGHT THOUGH BUT IM SURE THERE IS A WAY TO FIX IT.

Maybe the sensors are bad. Have you tried resetting the computer? Disconnect the battery. It probably won't change anything but its worth a shot.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank god you found the caps lock key.

was it full duals front to rear or only dual mufflers after cats? or what you lost me awhile back.