Dual battery’s in a 96

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I’m looking to run dual battery’s in my 96. Have any of you guys done this to yours? Mine has the under hood storage box. What battery tray do I need to use?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I’m looking to run dual battery’s in my 96. Have any of you guys done this to yours? Mine has the under hood storage box. What battery tray do I need to use?

I've always wanted that tray, but have never happened upon one. I've just recently gotten the box, so I'm going to install that instead. I figure it's cheaper and lighter than another battery and heavy gage wire. I thought snow plow prep trucks got the second battery, but I've got the snow plow prep RPO, but no 2nd battery. I have no idea what the snow plow prep RPO actually entails.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I’ve got a few for sale. 20 plus the ride. It goes exactly where your underhood storage box goes. Comes complete with the battery hold down and tray mounting hardware.

Bolts right in on 96+ trucks.

Send me a pm if interested.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It's plastic like the box? I always figured it was basically mirror image of the steel bracket on the right side.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I’ve got a few for sale. 20 plus the ride. It goes exactly where your underhood storage box goes. Comes complete with the battery hold down and tray mounting hardware.

Bolts right in on 96+ trucks.

Send me a pm if interested.

You must be registered for see images attach

Where are you located ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's plastic like the box? I always figured it was basically mirror image of the steel bracket on the right side.

For 96..they are plastic. They clip onto the bracket that surrounds the washer fluid bottle and that goes from the core support to the inner fender.