Drw to srw swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found many posts on what people think may work. Or people guessing. Does anyone know what it actually takes. Im once again bidding on a truck 99k3500 drw to cab swap my 89 body on. I want single rear wheel. both trucks have 14bolts. What would it take?

Last edited:

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I confirmed the front is just a bolt on spacer. Just the rear in worried about. And before you say just swap rears i dont know the gearing on the new truck. Im bidding on it on an auction site.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I confirmed the front is just a bolt on spacer. Just the rear in worried about. And before you say just swap rears i dont know the gearing on the new truck. Im bidding on it on an auction site.

Why does knowing the current gearing matter this second? Get the truck, check the gears and get the appropriately geared axle.

Yes, the front uses bolt on spacers on the 4x4. The nice thing is that it will already have the larger DRW brakes up front. You won't need to swap them in, like I did....although it's not difficult if you find a SRW truck. It's thicker discs, and larger pistons in the calipers, and the appropriate pads.