Drop questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 89 RCSB that currently has a 2-4 drop on it. I originally wanted a 3-4 drop but ended up getting a deal on the 2-4 drop parts. It’s lowered with drop spindles and shackles and hangers.

So what’s the best way to drop the front 1 inch without messing up ride quality?

You must be registered for see images attach

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut one turn off your coils

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve always heard that makes it ride worse. I just replaced old factory coil springs with OEM replacements.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm generally against cutting coils, but 1 turn isn't going to make a -huge- difference. Look at it this way; it doesn't cost you hardly anything except effort. If it ends up sucking, buy some drop springs. Belltech makes some 1" springs, $140 for the pair.

Richard

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may try that. I was thinking upper and lower control arms but that would involve getting stock spindles again.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1 coil removed = 2" drop.
Ugh...if that's true then some $ thrown at 1" spacers would be necessary. Before I did that I'd just buy the 1" drop coils, although more expensive than spacers by a long shot, would be the better solution.

Richard

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t cutting the coil or even drop coils throw the alignment geometry off? Should I replace the upper control arm when I do this so it can be aligned.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut 1/2 a coil off it'll drop it roughly an inch and won' really affect ride.

I've done it before and it's not messed up alignment much but best would be to have it realigned