DRL - did all Suburbans have it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As per title, did all Suburbans have DRL as standard and if so, is it possible that it could have been optioned out on an export model?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The DRLs are a US DOT thing. Maybe 1996 up, I'm not 100% sure on the year. That said, most areas do not enforce that rule for an older vehicle.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
all because one province in Canada requires them? LMAO it's also one of the smallest and has a very small population.

I'm sure there are places in the US that require DRL but I am unfamiliar with them.

after doing the 4 high and low mods I pulled the fuses from both trucks.

I however want to make my own DRL circuit but put it on a switch and use some different lights, not the headlights.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If DRLs are what I think they are - they come on (front only? - which lights? - park or beams? dipped or main?) with the ignition and go off when lights are switched on via the dash switch (park or headlamps or both?) are they deleted by merely pulling a fuse or connector or is a resistor or the likes required to keep the rest of the electrics happy?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
anything on the side of a vehicle is not done so by law.... but yes. theres tiny ones on the mazda we have here. almost smaller than a reflector on a bicycle.

the DRLS come on with the ignition in RUN and the shifter out of park.... the green light will light up on the dash.

theres a heatsink like module under the drivers side the dash on the right. if you unplug this, DRL'S wont work anymore and neither will the green light on the dash.

if you just pull the DRL fuse they wont work anymore but the green light will be on the dash.

DRL illuminate the low beam headlights at half power or something like that. no other lights come on.