drivers side window squeaks need help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as the title says my driver side window squeak sand chatters I need help, does anybody else have this problem or is it just me. and it is ridiculously slow when rolling up and down. does that mean it is time for a new regulator or window motor?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Get in there & lube up the tracks on the bottom of the glass with some white grease. (lithium) May help, but it's a PITA job with that inner door panel.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
I agree with the get in there and lube it. Sounds dry.

Kreepin, just slow but no shudders might mean its about to die. My wife's car windows were slow before they finally caved in and died. I'm totally guessing, but from my experience that's what slow without shudders means. My mommy in laws car window just died same way. Got slow until it died. And hers got stuck open. No bueno.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah im really not looking forward to working on them....would it just be the motor thats shot?

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh mine shudders, squeaks, hops and goes slow. It smooths out for a few days if I soak the window fel2s with oil. But only lasts a week if im lucky.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
Yeah im really not looking forward to working on them....would it just be the motor thats shot?

Probably. Not sure if that's something you can buy alone or not. On window motors, I'm only familiar with Honda Accords. On those the whole assembly needed to be bought. I think both cars were $150 (new from dealer) for motor and little scissor type assembly. Junk yard wanted $125, so I went the extra mile and got new haha.