Driveline vibrataion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carsonepps8

Reaction score
This could be in either transfer case or transmission. But when I turn left and it’s not constant, but sometimes when I turn left there is a vibration in my center console. I replaced my wheel bearing to see if that was it and it quit. But now it came back and now it does it when I take off too does this seem like a transfer case issue?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE???

Seems unlikely to be either the transfer case or transmission if the symptoms mostly happen when turning.

But I guess anything is possible.

Did you torque the CV shaft nut when replacing the front wheel bearings? Did you use bottom-feeder bearing assemblies?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without knowing what your working on , how do you answer?
Make, model, year, eng, trans of your , Peterbilt, Cadillac, Holden, Jaguar, Tatra, Fiat, Kaman....etc

carsonepps8

Reaction score
Sorry I should have put that in 1998 k1500 Chevy 5.7 4l60e and yes I torqued down the cv nut

rzr6-4

Reaction score
In my experience most vibrations are tires/wheels, wheel bearings, or u joints. Get the tires off the ground and give everything a good shake. Up and down on wheels for wheel bearings, see if fronts will wobble left and right from steering linkage issues, and driveshaft joints should have little to no play, just rotation.