Door Lock Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy1955

Reaction score
I had the same problem, the door lock actuators get sluggish because the lubricant they used hardens up, I sprayed mine with a lightweight TFE lubricant And manually operated them to work it in and they eventually freed up and still work great to this day

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same problem, the door lock actuators get sluggish because the lubricant they used hardens up, I sprayed mine with a lightweight TFE lubricant And manually operated them to work it in and they eventually freed up and still work great to this day
I've got a passenger side switch on order. I'm going to try it, if that doesn't work I'll move to the actuators and try cleaning them as you suggest. I just don't understand why they would both start failing at the exact same time.

Andy1955

Reaction score
I've got a passenger side switch on order. I'm going to try it, if that doesn't work I'll move to the actuators and try cleaning them as you suggest. I just don't understand why they would both start failing at the exact same time.
i agree that is odd.

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well won’t say that’s it’s a done deal yet but I changed the passenger side switch tonight and the locks are working. Both by fob and switch so I’m hoping this is fixed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope that works out! Let us know if it does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I swapped my passenger and driver switch to see if the switch is in fact the culprit. The only downside is "lock" unlocks the truck and "unlock" locks the truck. I can't roll windows down either lol. Made for an embarrassing ordeal in a drive through earlier when I forgot. Seems to be working good so far. I'll hit the yard for a spare switch this weekend.