Door Chime Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Fierro

Reaction score
The stupid black tab broke off on the side of the dash that lets the truck know if the door is open or closed and now the chime is on constantly when I’m driving my truck and it’s starting to drive me insane. Anybody know how to permanently get rid of the chime? Please someone help for my sanity

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
It is a little box that plugs in down by the fuse panel under the dash. Find it grab it and unplug it.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beware - It will no longer tell you that you have left your lights on...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Fix the door switch lol. But yes, you can just pull the box out.

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled mine out awhile ago. Does anyone know how to mod the pins so that it warns me about lights on but not the door being open?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled mine out awhile ago. Does anyone know how to mod the pins so that it warns me about lights on but not the door being open?

There's a diagram somehwere on the forum that shows the pins for each indicator alarm, apparently you can just snip any certain one off and it'll stop the buzzer from activating.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ That second one is it for sure, beat me to it.