Dome Light issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73impala

Reaction score
Have a buddy that was installing led strips under the front footwell and grounded out his interior lights. Now none of the dome/map lights will work. The led strip are unplugged and the fuses are fine. Did use the search button and tried some of the other possibilities.

Any ideas?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the bulb out of the dome light, should be the easiest to get to. Probably burnt out the bulbs if it didnt take out the fuse. Check for the proper fuse, that shoulda been the weak link and blown when grounded out.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If it grounded out it shoulda blown the fuse

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
check the 194 bulbs under the dash on each side to see if they are burnt out also

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a different dome light issue. I converted mine to an LED from super bright led, which works great, and has been for 2 years. Well I was in my truck tonight in the dark with no key in the ignition, and I noticed the slightest dim light coming from that dome light. I never bothered to check with a meter what voltage is there, but I popped the cap off just to be sure, and it was very dimly lit on, popped the led out and no light, just touch contact and dim light. Lights up bright with the switch also. And I have no idea if it has always been like this.

Last edited: