DIY Spray on liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surrey

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with these? I want to get rid of my ugly drop in but don't want to pay the big bucks for a line-x. Dupli color, herculiner and raptor are some of the main kits im looking at. There seems to be mixed reviews on different sites but who know if they prepped it properly. I understand once most of these finishes are applied they are very difficult to get off.

Last edited:

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I've used rubberized undercoating spray for things like tool boxes and brush guards, it should work well. I did Herculiner one time, the stuff was like pizza crust. Flaked off with your nails.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had herculiner in my truck for several year's, I was very pleased with it, when I removed it to raise my stock bedfloor it took a lot to get it out, many many layer's of paint remover to soften it, and a grinder with a wire wheel, I will never remove that stuff again! I sanded my entire bed first and I used twice the normal amount meaning I used 2 1 gallon can's for my bed and put it on very thick. I plan to use it again when my truck is done!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used plastikote and it sucks, flaked badly and I roughed up the entire floor with 220 or so before putting it on.

I'm thinking of using rustoleum on my bed floor only either spray cans or brush on from a quart can.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did my frame, suspension, and underside of the bed & body, and engine bay with the Raptor liner. Some day I'll actually do the bed finally! haha

This stuff also goes on thick...I sprayed it at about 70psi with the included gun. You pour the activator in to the 3/4 full bottle, mix, install gun on bottle and let loose. Very easy to work with.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images