Dirt Simple DIY Aux Input For Under $5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the inside of the CD player radios look like. I should mention that in the write up. If you open yours up, let us know if it's similar.

If the CD radios are similar inside, you shouldn't need a CD. Where the other mods interrupt the CD or Tape, this is interrupting the radio.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
It looks like the cd radios are different from the tape radios. I'd need one to test to see if there is a way to do this to one of the cd radios. I'll see what I can get next time I'm at the junkyard.

It's not sounding good from what I read in that link. From the link: "The amp seems to be on the main board board, so there isn't an easy way to tap in there like there was on my old head unit. No easy route from the radio, either. However, the CD player is a self-contained unit with a ribbon cable, so audio must be passing over it."

I'll update the original post to note that this won't work on all radios. Thanks for pointing that out.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Added to my list... My mile long, ever growing list....

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It interrupts the radio whenever the radio is the active signal, so it shouldn't matter what other accessories (factory add on tape or cd) are present. No blank tapes or cd's to mess with.

I'm guessing this works because of the "3 conductor closed circuit" piece? Could you talk more about how it switches between radio and the audio jack?