Dip **** stick broke off in pan now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Worse possible case scenario after motor replacement in my 94k2500 I put in the wrong dipstick with a different dipstick tube and it broke off on initial startup I have two inches of dipstick broken off in the pan and it's grinding away and I have glitter. other than rotating the crank backwards and hoping it pops out and falls in the pan I'm clueless on what to do other than pull motor back out and drop pan. I was just going to put oil back in tonight and I have 50 lb neodymium magnets on the pan and roll the dice unless someone talks me out of it in the next 3 hours while I'm at work Thanks for reading
What exactly did you choose to do? I know some of us were past the three-hour deadline and derailed the thread, but I was, as I'm sure the others were also, waiting on your decision. I'm going to go back to trippin' down memory lane.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly did you choose to do? I know some of us were past the three-hour deadline and derailed the thread, but I was, as I'm sure the others were also, waiting on your decision. I'm going to go back to trippin' down memory lane.
He probably found another Forum, considering some of the responses! o_O