Diesel with plow running hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If your friend MUST drive it in the up position, I'd HIGHLY suggest cutting lots of small horizontal slits in the plow, or a few large horizontal slits. I know that negatively affects plow'ability, but it's better than getting a scorched engine. Also, the reason it heats up while driving faster is because the amount of fuel injected into the chambers directly affects the amount of heat buildup in the chambers. More fuel = more heat....more fuel also means higher egt's, which when they get hot enough can scorch the turbo bearings and cause them to swell and lockup your turbo, which pretty much strands you wherever you are, unless you have tools to remove the connector link between upper intake manifold and turbo....you can also remove your upper intake to get you home, but be careful not to suck any trash in there.

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He drives with the plow as low as he can and he has drilled holes in the plow for not air flow. There's only 60k miles on the truck but that doesn't mean the radiator isn't shot