did 1 tons have larger front wheel openings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
My bro and I are puling the 454 and drivetrain out of a early 90's 1 ton and turning the bed into a trailer (its a huge covered utility bed)

I was going to take the fender flares off the front to use on mine but the 1 ton fender flares have through bolts in the side of the fenders. I am NOT going to drill holes into the sides of my fenders so I wont be using them.

Only reason I could think of, for the through bolts, would be larger wheel openings. I have never seen fender flares with the extra bolts.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The only thing the early 1-tons had was a taller front end........I've seen so many like that, almost looks like they were body lifted or bumper dropped, due to the extra cooling vent added between bumper and bottom of grille. I guess if comparing it like that, it could look like it had a larger opening....but no, the fenders weren't cut further open, my 95's stock ones were also bolted on.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My bro and I are puling the 454 and drivetrain out of a early 90's 1 ton and turning the bed into a trailer (its a huge covered utility bed)

I was going to take the fender flares off the front to use on mine but the 1 ton fender flares have through bolts in the side of the fenders. I am NOT going to drill holes into the sides of my fenders so I wont be using them.

Only reason I could think of, for the through bolts, would be larger wheel openings. I have never seen fender flares with the extra bolts.
All of the factory flares bolt through the body. I have a set from a 94 1500 suburban and they bolt through the body.

Rip the metal strips out that have the studs on them, then put some double sided tape on the flares on that flat area where the studs used to come through. Then just put them on the truck and screw it through the wheel well in the stock holes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wjauto1777