Demolded and colormatched my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just finished taking the moldings off, colormatching the grill, painting bowtie, and blacked out the bumpers.. any other suggestions? what do you guys think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'm usually not fan of what you did, but yours looks very clean! I think green and white are the only colors that look good with OEM black bumpers and demolded bodies.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm usually not fan of what you did, but yours looks very clean! I think green and white are the only colors that look good with OEM black bumpers and demolded bodies.
Thanks man, I agree with you 100% on that. The bumpers are only plasti dipped so i can always go back to chrome if i want too. Just got sick of seeing 5 trucks the same as mine in town haha

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The color matched grill really helps yours too. Reminds me of the 98-99 Z-71 Tahoes, very clean.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am digging that look!! I like it alot and love the old school wheels.
maybe exhaust next or cut the tailpipe off and do a nice black tip setup

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks real good! Ho did you prep the grille before you painted it?

The only thing I'd change is the taillights, either smoke them dark or smoke stock tails imo

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks real good! Ho did you prep the grille before you painted it?

The only thing I'd change is the taillights, either smoke them dark or smoke stock tails imo

Thanks guys! I used some 220 sandpaper and scotch brite to rough it up a bit is all. And i was thinkin the same on the tails.. prolly use nightshades on those and the corners?? or do you have a better idea?

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya use nighshades on the taillights then clear coat them so theyre shiny and buff them after. You could use nightshades on the corners but I think just painting them green would look wicked so they blend in with your paint.