Delete oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read that you guys have been going to the old school filter adapters, I picked one up but it did not come with any bolts . Now will the stock remote adapter bolts fit the replacement old school adapter ? Or do I need to order new bolts .

97 silverado 5.7 2wd.

I have not taken it off yet but I'm installing a new radiator and I don't want to hook up the oil lines if I don't have to .

zchrisz

Reaction score
no, you need new bolts... do a search i forgot the exact size, it's 5/16 i think x 1" forgot the pitch.

remove the old paper gasket up there too, it blocks the divert passage in case the filter clogs.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man:cheers:

well I got the radiator in and ALL lines hooked back up......................Gonna check Vato Zone and see if they have the adapter with bolts and finish it up tomorrow!! ( I hope )

zchrisz

Reaction score
i could not find the adapter around me, i had carquest order it and got it the same day, i had some bolts at work and put it in, simple as pie really.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a carquest here , don't ever go there but I hear good things . So far all parts I buy from oreillys have been returned once or twice and I'm getting tired of changing the same parts out.

After I do my Efans I think I will just add a aftermarket oil cooler.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly if you're not towing a lot I wouldn't worry with the cooler. It will be fine without it running around unloaded....

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly if you're not towing a lot I wouldn't worry with the cooler. It will be fine without it running around unloaded....

I don't tow or haul anything , my truck is just a street queen.

Sent from my Ground pounding fire breathing Dragon of the IMCA Modified IPhone

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't tow or haul anything , my truck is just a street queen.

Sent from my Ground pounding fire breathing Dragon of the IMCA Modified IPhone

Well I wouldn't worry with it then. Save the money for your next set of wheels :rofl:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't worry with it then. Save the money for your next set of wheels :rofl:

lol that's a good point:biggrin:

Well I fired up the truck today and guess what leaked..................................yup the oil line:banghead:

fixed it ( I hope ) then took the truck for a nice drive parked her back in the garage went to grab a cold one came back out to check the truck and that stupid lil nipple leaked and lost coolant all over my garage floor......................

4th radiator ive put in my truck, just hope its the last one.............