Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Well, I learned the hard way you can't put a torque convertor in without removing the transfer case from the transmission, very close but just not enough room. Getting ready to stick a new frame under this truck, mine is getting in bad shape where it was stretched.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I learned the hard way you can't put a torque convertor in without removing the transfer case from the transmission, very close but just not enough room. Getting ready to stick a new frame under this truck, mine is getting in bad shape where it was stretched.

Gonna do an 8 lug frame? That'll make it ride nicer.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
No, its gonna 6 lug. I do have a crew cab short bed frame from a 3/4 ton 1999 model. I will remove the boxed front and install a 1/2 ton front back on it. We did that on dads truck several years ago it worked/works perfect. A side benefit is the 3/4 ton one is 5/16 inch thick, so it should last a lot longer.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No, its gonna 6 lug. I do have a crew cab short bed frame from a 3/4 ton 1999 model. I will remove the boxed front and install a 1/2 ton front back on it. We did that on dads truck several years ago it worked/works perfect. A side benefit is the 3/4 ton one is 5/16 inch thick, so it should last a lot longer.

That's what I was getting at. That thicker mid/rear section is 10x better than a stretched half ton frame.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Yeah, and i can cut the factory weld and put the 1/2 ton front back on and it will be just like it would have been from the factory, no patching or scabbing.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I didn't see the little two wire plug on the bottom of the shift motor and pulled my wires out of the plug. There are 2 wires, red and black. Does anyone know which way they go?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Got the transmission in, everything works except I now can't see what gear I am in. This did work before before I pulled the transmission, I assume I have a bad wire at the neutral safety switch?